Re: '64 MGB turn signal switch

To: @car.dis
Subject: Re: '64 MGB turn signal switch
From: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 16:18:54 EDT

Hey Roland,

I'm curious:  I have a few illustrated books on sports cars of the world,
like most us probably do.  Interestingly enough most of the books are
published in England (perhaps because the U.S. doesn't really make sports
cars).  Anyway, when they show the Cobra, the English books refer to
it as an AC Cobra, often with a caption, "in the U.S. also known as
the Ford Corba..."  What gives?  Shelby is the first to pipe up and say
that they didn't just shoe horn in the 427 into a stock AC.  They modified
the chasis and suspension among other things.  I mean it's not just
like slipping a Merlin engine into an otherwise stock P-51. Umm, maybe
that's a bad example.

When you are among the elite Cobra owners, does the word AC ever come up?

Since I brought up aircraft, I recall the British campioned high altitude
flight at one point by developing a carb. that would automatically adjust
for changes in air pressure, and wouldn't run too lean at altitude.
Gee, doesn't that sound a bit like an SU?  If I drove from Malibu beach to
Mile high stadium in Colorado, would I have to get out the 'ol SU wrench
and tweak the main jet?

- Skip