'64 MGB turn signal switch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '64 MGB turn signal switch
From: rck@fangio.asd.sgi.com (Robert Keller)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 12:31:03 -0700 (PDT)
I'm trying to find a turn signal swith for a 1963 MGB.

Moss Motors supplies the later "early" turn signal swith ~65->~67,
but not the early "early" one.  Both "early" switched have the
chromed stalk and sculpted handle.  The main differences between
the two switches are in the cancelling mechanism and that the
early "early" switch does NOT have the integrated high beam switch.

Mine has a broken plastic "spring" that causes the stalk to droop,
causing the switch to randomly begin indicating that I want to turn
left.  The chrome stalk is also quite pitted/rusty and the sculpted
plastic handle looks like it is about to crumble.

Mike O'Connor of O'Connor Classic (a Moss Dealer) in Santa Clara,
California didn't sound too encouraging about the availability
of the early "early" turn signal.

Has anyone seen an early "early" MGB turn signal swith around?

Any ideas of a good place to find one?

thanks,
...robert