Of Sales and Prices

To: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Subject: Of Sales and Prices
From: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 17:48:01 +0800
>       And a plee
>       to Scott Fisher "Don't sell out Scott!  Put the car away,
>       and take a break.  You won't regret it, you have the bug that
>       TeriAnn, Keith, I and all of us do."

Well, in light of Miq's message and a few others, let me make explicit
what a few people realized...

The "$19,995 MGB" posting was an April Fool's joke that got screwed up
by the site we contract with to connect to the Internet.  Immediately
after I clicked "send" on the "For Sale" posting, our admin sent mail
to everyone here about how mail going out would be slow for the next
two or three days while the online service cleared things up.  I
realized that nobody'd get it till Tuesday, but it was too late.

As for taking a break, that's the problem... I haven't been able to
work on this car often enough to get it to work.  It's just a few
hours of work, and I have everything I need except time.  Tonight's
out, I have to write the review; tomorrow night, maybe.  This isn't
a case of shipwright's disease, there's only one more thing to do
to it before it'll work.  I just need about, oh, four uninterrupted
hours ought to do it.

>       And we need your great technical input too.

Well, *that's* encouraging.  Sometimes I fear that not touching this
car every day is going to cause my memory to fail completely, that
I'll become unable to tell an SU carburetor from a wire wheel nut.

BTW, for Bay Area SOLs: anyone up for a weekend run through the
East Bay hills some time soon?  I'm putting together a hillside
tour that ought to be just breathtaking, and we ought to try to get
to it this month or early May if possible.

Hey, what about May 1?  It'll still be green then, and two weeks
ought to let everyone settle on a date and time.  If enough people
say yes, I'll work out a meeting spot and itinerary.  The road I
found today at lunch is why we like these cars.