my new racecar

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: my new racecar
From: Mike Gigante <mg@cgl.citri.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 10:49:41 +1000
Yesterday I picked up my new (?) racing sprite!

It is a AH Sprite MkIII (1966) with a 1275 (on 60 thou oversize,
standard stroke), significant head work (oversized valves, port &
polish job, 12:1 compression etc), DCOE45 Weber, RX7 radiator,
long-range aluminium fuel tank, ceramic clutch, 13x8 wheels,
Telescopic shock conversion on front, Cortina front disk conversion,
v. stiff springs front & rear, close-ratio straight cut gearbox,
aluminium 6 point roll cage with side-intrusion bars. It is a very
light car with an excellent straight and very stiff body. It is *very*
low -- it has an exhaust tunnel running through the ex-passenger seat
area and exiting through the side. The car runs on AVGAS naturally.

It is one of the faster racing sprites in our club (the AH Sprite
Drivers Club (AHSDC) of Victoria, Australia). There are curently about
a dozen or more active racing sprites in the club and we have about 10
sprint events per year. There are probably 20 or 30 sprites that
compete at most events. They range from standard road-going models to
full racing sprites like my new toy.

We also have motorkhana events, hill climbs (occaisionally), autocross
(occaisionally) and a number of social vents.

It is painted white with large,  lairy dayglo pink stripes running
front to back. That is something I will change within the next 12
months or so.

Mike Gigante
Editor, AHSDC Club Magazine (Goblins' Gazette)

p.s. I'll upload an image when I get a chance to scan a photo..