What is the world coming to?

Subject: What is the world coming to?
From: Miq Millman <mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 94 21:57:51 PDT
MGB's for $19,999.95

Rotary Spitfires for $19,000

TR-6's for $14,000

I thought all these prices were either jokes, or hopefull pleadings from
someone out in left field.  Then in today's mail, I get a _personal_ letter
from the appraiser that works for the insurance company I use.  He wrote to
inform me that "vintage cars are again seeing an upswing in the scale of
economy that they bring."  The letter went on to cite a couple of recent
sales of early Porsche's and Bugeye sprites among other cars (like a BN-4
that sold for $35,000) to point out their increased value of late.

The letter concluded with him asking me if I would consider increasing the
stated value of my Buh Guy to $20,000 from the (what I consider astronomical)
$13,000.

And here I thought we were in a recession.....

--
Miq Millman   mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com   503 642 6139   (Aloha site)
AL4-55  Intel, 5200 NE Elam Young Parkway, Hillsboro, OR 97124-6497