Torque and Engineers (Summary)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Torque and Engineers (Summary)
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 94 15:22:38 PST
My wife is a pretty good mechanic, but when I read her my recent posting
on Torque and Engineers, she said "What does all that mean?".
So here's a summary.

Don't use a handle extension on a torque wrench.  Use any socket extension
you like, providing that you use your opposite hand to apply equal and
opposite force the head of the torque wrench.  The wrench will read accurately
and you won't get bruised knuckles.  Buy a two handled tap wrench.
  That's it.

             Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
             Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
             Washington State University