Dissertation HELP

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dissertation HELP
From: John Charles Torres <torresj@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 09:46:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi.

Really enjoy reading this newsgroup. I am in the process of writing a
dissertation on the U.K. automobile industry. The time span covered
is from 1896 to the early 1980s. Unfortunately, I have not been able to
locate a comprehensive encyclopedia of British cars (something akin to
the U.S. Standard Catalogues by Krause Publications).  Again, I need
information on EVERY firm that has ever existed in the U.K.
In particular, I am looking for:

        1) Firm information: date of incorporation and date of dissolution,
        merger, acquisition, etc...
        2) Model information: a list of all models introduced
        3) Production: How many cars were produced/sold in any given year.

Any guidance or help is greatly appreciated. The Society of Motor Manufacturers
and Traders has not been too helpful in providing this type of information so I
am turning to you folks...

Please send leads to me via my personal e-mail:
                        Torresj@leland.stanford.edu

If anyone is interested in the responses, I will compile the results and
send them to you.