Re: T Shirts ?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumph@io.org
Subject: Re: T Shirts ?
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 14:58:17 -0700
Christopher Ball asks:

>Slow day at work. Here I am again.
>Did anyone order mugs or shirts from the firm that had the SOL graphics
>on file ? How did it work out? Any feedback ?
>
>I'd love to get one for this season in case any fellow SOLS are around.
>we could all wwear them to the TRF summer party for example and spot each
>other easily !

I know a number of people on the list did order SOL trinkets last
summer, but I may have bad news for those who didn't:  When I spoke to
Image Graphics on the phone last week, they told me that they don't keep
images on file after the order is complete.  (Although maybe someone
made special arrangements in the case of the SOL logo?)

I didn't order any SOL paraphenalia, but one always keeps this sort of
information on file "just in case," and I recently uploaded a logo
created by a family member to Image Graphics and had some items made.  I
must say that I'm fairly impressed:  I didn't do anything to clean up
what was a fairly noisy image (created on a Mac and put through at least
two format translations to end up with the TIFF files that Image
Graphics can make use of), and it came out quite well except for the
baseball cap, on which the image is somewhat fuzzy.

Besides the baseball cap, I ordered a ceramic mug and a pair of "can
cooler" sleeves.  The graphics on those looks great, especially on the
mug.  All four items cost about $32 including shipping... not bad for
custom work, and they turned the order around in about a week.

        Image Graphics, Inc.
        201 S. Three Notch Street, Suite II  (or maybe it's 11)
        Andalusia, AL 36420
        (205) 222-4166 or (205) 222-1010
        Fax/BBS (205) 222-6586

(I have no connection with Image Graphics other than as a satisfied
customer.)

-coryc

|     >> Disclaimer: I speak for Sequent only in our hardware manuals <<     |
| Cory R. Carpenter, Senior Tech Writer  | "The secret to life is, `don't    |
| Sequent Computer Systems, Incorporated |  take it personally.'"            |
|  coryc@sequent.com                     |           --Father Guido Sarducci |