Valves springs and camshaft wear

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Valves springs and camshaft wear
From: Dennis <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 13:05:05 -0700 (MST)
Uprated valve springs are needed keep things from bouncing especially
with higher lift cams and increased revs...CORRECT?

The problem is, uprated springs (in my case a double set on a 1500) will
accelerate cam wear....CORRECT??

Assuming the above are correct, how much faster will the cam wear (has been
phosphate harded)??
Are uprated springs needed for a motor which will not be raced or reved up
over 5000 rpm, even with a higher lift longer duration cam??
If they are not needed, surely I will better off using normal springs
and enjoy longer cam life??  Or can I keep the uprated ones and since I will
seldom wind the car up past 5000 rpm the additional wear will be insignificant?

I must get this sorted out fast as the head is ready to be shipped from
England and I want it correct before I get it shipped.  If it makes
any difference I will also have roller rockers and lightened push rods
and cam followers.

Thanks, tar very much, and cherio,
Dennis