Re: bent Bugeye, and Magic Arrow in Victory Lane (possibly)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bent Bugeye, and Magic Arrow in Victory Lane (possibly)
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 08:49:29 PDT
Alexander Levinson,
I agree with Daren Stone. I also read that the front
frames were deliberately bent. I think I read that in
Claus Ditlev's book on spridgets.
I checked in my shop manual this morning and, although
it gives datum points, I couldn't tell what the rake for
the front is.

Alan

     >>I agree with Daren Stone also ;-). I went through
     the factory workshop manual and as Alan pointed out, it
     gives several precise measurements to determine
     relative straightness, nothing was given for the upturn
     in frame rails.
         Regarding Victory Lane; Yesterday I spoke with the
     Production Editor to find out when the issue that
     covers La Carrera will be out (May 5th), and he ended
     up talking to me for quite some time regarding past
     events, this event, what we do with the Bugeye, etc. He
     also referred to several photos his reporters took of
     our cars while in Mexico, so if we're lucky you may get
     a glimpse of Redcar amongst the pages of the May issue!

          Daren says check it out ....