Re: Funky French cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Funky French cars
From: root@isaac.msfc.nasa.gov (Operator)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 08:54:53 GMT-0600
Keith Wheeler posts:

>And then there's the Sprite that I might be able to save, that I
>have little
>time for.  And then there's Louis, my silly little Renault R-10,
>that I'd
>sell but I know no one wants and I don't have the heart or logic to
>not
>care and I'd hate seeing such a neat, if funky, little car be
>destroyed.

I agree completely with this sentiment.  As much as I like British
cars, I must say that the R-10 was and still is the best car ever
built in the history of the planet.  Four-wheel discs, full
independent suspension, Michelins all around, super-comfortable
seats; my brother bought one new in 1970 for $2000.  If only it had a
five-speed and a 2-liter engine!  Also a two-door body.  Are there
any Caravelles out there any more?  Maybe a mailing list could be
started for little French convertibles.

Michael Flora
NASA - Marshall Space Flight Center