Sickness or Hobby?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sickness or Hobby?
From: John Trindle <jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 16:08:42 -0400
Well, I have done it again.  I need to stop reading the classifieds.

Saturday drove 30 miles across the river to check out this ad: '73 MGB,
garaged since '88, call ###-#### days or ###-#### after 5.  The thing
is painted in Imron green, but the PPO (Previous Previous Owner) put a
tarp on it before the paint dried.  A nice textured finish... ahem.  IN
any case, the trim is still stripped from paint prep... looks awful, but
having the interior panels out did allow us to inspect for rust.  Very
solid looking.  There is only one carburetor, and some suspicious
alterations to the plumbing to accommodate 1 instead of 2 carbs.  The one
in there looks like a big SU HIF.

Oh, and the price.  $750 with lots 'n' lots of parts from a 66.  Did I
mention the 73 has the 66 rear bumper on the front?  An interesting look,
to say the least.

It's being trucked over Saturday...  and I am sitting here reading the
manuals and wondering if it is wise to carry around a checkbook after a
full day of autocross sun and fumes.  And my girlfriend is having 2nd
(maybe 52nd) thoughts about buying the Spitfire from me.

Gee, my own private collection!  <G>

....John Trindle