Looking for parts for Zenith-Stromberg

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for parts for Zenith-Stromberg
From: wbrown@csg.lbl.gov (Bill Brown)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 94 20:48:37 PDT
Friday evening I started to investigate why the MGB insisted on ideling
at 1500 rpm (new problem - the slowly increasing idle speed seems to have
been due to bad throttle-arm seals)

It turmed out the quadrant that the throttle-cable wraps around had the hole
for the cable pin badly worn.  This allowed the pin to wobble, allowing the
returns springs to go slack before the throttle was closed.  But the bad news
is that the aluminum was crystalized and the !@#$% thing broke when I drop-
tested it.

Moss showis it in the illustration in their catalog but does not show it in
the price list which seesm to mean they don't have it; VicBrits' illustration
shows a setup that is totally different from the setup on my car.  Does
anyone have any suggestions where I can get one of these - preferably in the
S.F. Bay Area?  I don't have a TRF catalog so I don't know if they have it.
And I'd really like to find it locally so I can get the MGB back on the raod
ASAP.

Disclaimer:  Any opinions are my own and have       |
    nothing to do with the official policy or the   |  -bill
    management of L.B.L, who probably couldn't      |   wlbrown@lbl.gov
    care less about employees who play with trains. |