Re: VISCOSITY

To: malcolm956@aol.com
Subject: Re: VISCOSITY
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 94 12:34:27 PDT
> temperature conditions.  For example, this evening on the way to a Bruins
> hockey game, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts suceeded on bringing traffic
> to a complete standstill in all lanes AND the shoulder.  My Ford Escort
> diesel, a car which is neither lbc nor inclined to overheat, started to
> overheat because the electric fan did not come on.  (Not surprising, it
> hasn't worked in the last 190,000 miles.)  However because I had faith in the

Your Escort may not be an LBC but it clearly needs an LBC fix.  Most
likely it's the temperature sensor rather than the fan that's the
problem.  I mean if my Lucas fan still works after 30 years...  Install
a toggle switch on the dash.  Works for the snake.  Of course you do
need to have a working water temp gauge, or I suppose you could just
watch for steam coming out of engine compartment.