any thoughts?...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: any thoughts?...
From: morgan daniel adis <morg@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 1994 19:47:43 +0100
Hello all,
        Hi, this is my first posting to this list, I didn't even know it existed
until a few weeks ago.  Anyway, unlike most everyone else on the list I don't
actually own a british car, I have a rather reliable and uninteresting Pontiac.
The car that I have now is practical and relatively easy to insure especially
considering that I am a college student.  In a year or two I want to replace the
pontiac with either a Lotus Elan (any version), a Lotus 7 (anything but the
plastic pig) or a TR 6, 7 or 8.  I am not currently in the market for any of
these cars, I don't have the time or parking space, so please, don't tempt me
by telling me about the perfect Elan S4 that you want to sell for $1000 (okay, I
admit an S4 at that price might get my attention...).  What I need to know is
how much to expect to pay for a RUNNING version of one of these cars- I don't
have the experience for a complete restoration.  Also, what is it like for a
college student around 20 with a clean driving record to insuresuch a car?  Any
ideas that anyone has to share would be greatly appreciated.  Since this might
not be of interest to everyone on the list please feel free to write to me
directly.  Thanks.
                                --Morgan Adis
                                  morg@engin.umich.edu