Bits Wanted for Spitfire Mk.1

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bits Wanted for Spitfire Mk.1
From: Scott_Kucera_at_SYMOR-SUPPORT-2@symantec.com
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 94 16:29:28 pst
I need a few seemingly minor parts for my 1964 Spitfire 4 Mk.1.  The
lack of these bits has kept my car off the road for two (yes, 2) years.

Most critical are door latch blocks, which look like pot metal
rectangular blocks machined down on one end to a wedge, with a stud out
one end to pivot on and a blind hole drilled in the other to catch the
door's deadbolt as it swings closed over it.  These door latch blocks
are peculiar to Mk.1 and Mk.2 Spitwads and perhaps to early Heralds and
Vitesses too.

Mine are worn out to the point that I have to hold my doors closed with
bungee cords stretched out the open windows around the outside door
handles.  The police take a dim view of this workaround.

Do you, dear reader, know of any junk yard that still has old Triumphs?
(There aren't any in Oregon anymore.)  Or do you know of some kind soul
who has a parts car who is willing to sell some bits.  Or do you know of
an abandoned Spitwad rusting away in some bucolic setting that you could
cannibalize for me?  I would appreciate any information that you might
have.  Please send any names or addresses or phone numbers or words of
encouragement to me via e-mail at:
     Scott_Kucera_at_SYMOR-SUPPORT-2@symantec.com

Thank you,
Scott Kucera