Re: Info needed and a Bugeye for sale

To: wzion@sl0011.srl.ford.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Info needed and a Bugeye for sale
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 09:15:35 -0700
In message <9404071225.AA02832@sl0011.srl.ford.com> W. Scott Zion writes:

Extra headers removed

> Subject: Looking for parts and a Bugeye for sale
>
> My father-in-law is restoring a TR4 that was once a race car back to street.
> He has asked me to ask you if anyone has a factory "C" or "D" cam for the
> TR4.

I do not know if anyone is still making those grinds.  Cam technology as
progressed quite a bit since then and the newer cams available are better.

Contact Ken Gilanders of British Frame & engine. 818-443-0939 and tell him you
want a flyer for his TR3 & 4 engine parts.  You will probably get an answering
machine but he is good about calling back.  He sells a selection of better than
factory go fast cams, and all kinds of engine and suspension go fast goodies.

> He also wanted to know if anyone had ever seen the factory original custom
> luggage that was an option for the TR3.  He said that in his 27 years of cars
> and car shows he has never seen a set - but he is sure they existed.  As I
recall the top slants down so that it is high at one end and low at the other,
following the slant of the boot lid.  There were metal grab handles on each
side.

The best I can say is that I have seen a picture of one, and I have seen
Standard Triumph parts lists that include it.  I think it was only available for
the TR2s but it may have been available for the small mouth 3 as well.

> Lastly, I have a friend who has a 1960 Bugeye Sprite for sale.  This is a
> project car but it extremely solid.  (I believe he got it from Texas)  He has
> many new parts for the car including a few spare engines.  Along with the car
> he has four new wire wheels.  He is asking $2850 for the car.  I have not yet
> seen the car but I was going to buy it before I found a TR3.

Seems a little high priced for a project MKI sprite.

> If you are interested please feel free to contact me or you can call him at:
> (313) 738-0132.  His name is Brian.
>
> Talk to you later,
>        Scott Zion

two extra copies of the posting removed... Scott you must have a a very hard
time getting this posting into the virtual world.

Take care,

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561