Spitfire stuff availible, jag 120 door questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire stuff availible, jag 120 door questions
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 1994 13:00:42 -0400
        The Jag 120 I am working on has some serious damage to
the aluminum doors.  Someone has attempted to repair them, but
the repair isn't satisfactory.  I think I going to have to
replace the entire hinge mounting area on at least one of the
doors.  The trouble is that I don't know what it should look
like.  Currently there are 3/16 aluminum plates welded in place
where the hinges bolt on.  Can anyone tell me what the area is
supposed to look like?  I suspect it should have a more typical
foating backup plate.

        Can any GT6 owner describe how their  handbrake cables
are routed to the rear wheels?  In specific, I would like to know
what and where the turning blocks are that change the direction
of the cables from fore/aft out to the sides.  I think it is
bracket mounted to body shell, but it might also be mounted to the
differential somehow.  I need to fabricate these.

        I have some spitfire stuff that I need to get rid of.
Two doors, one has been hit and repaired.  In general, they are
in pretty good shape.  The door glass and regulators are good
too.  Also, a very nice frame from a 79 1500.  I need to get
this stuff cleared out very soon (like the end of April).

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu