Exotic lbc happening in Washington, Missouri!

To: b-c
Subject: Exotic lbc happening in Washington, Missouri!
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 1994 10:41:54 -0500
Living in the small bedroom community of Washington, Missouri, it's always an
exciting event when I pass an lbc, or see one on the road. There's some jerk who
owns a Mk.3 GT6 who refuses to wave, even when I go by him in MY GT6+ and wave
wildly...and there's really nice Mk.I Spit, too.

One day last week, though, I looked out through the glass doors of my theater
and there was a PERFECT, long-wheelbase Land Rover. It was the perfect flat
green color, and there didn't seem to be a spot of rust on it. I went over and
asked the driver if he'd mind if I looked it over - it had the name of some
group on it, Christus or something. I didn't recognize the name. Anyway, all the
badges, etc., were perfect. On the back was a Union Jack, and some stickers from
Uganda. The driver was a cool black guy with an African accent. Wow! This was
too much for our little town!

I kept thinking of all the places this vehicle had been, all the things folks
had done with it, like rounding up giraffes, chasing zebras...

If there was any way I could get this thing, I WOULD! It had a bunch of little
windows around the top ends of it, like the old VW split-window busses.

I think I've got the Land Rover bug here...

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com