More on clunker laws; miscellaneous parts needed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: More on clunker laws; miscellaneous parts needed
From: todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 1994 13:53:15 +0600
Hello, all.

A while back I promised to provide info on organisations dedicated to fighting
the "clunker laws".  I could have sworn (in fact, I did) that I had such
information in my magazine collection.  But I never found it.

However, the current issue of Popular Mechanics has a one-page article, which
suggests contacting your state and federal lawmakers, as well as the following:

Automotive Restoration Market Organization
1575 S. Valley Vista Dr.
Diamond Bar, CA  91765-4173

Council of Vehicle Associations
10400 Roberts Rd.
Palls Hills, IL  60465

Now, then.  I am in need of a bearing spacer for a front swivel axle on my
MGB.  At least I _think_ I need it.  The old one got torn up in a bizarre
wheel-bearing failure last July, involving miles and miles of desert highway
and a tow dolly.  The bearings were replaced, but the spacer is unavailable.
During reassembly, I decided that the damned thing doesn't do anything anyway,
so I didn't worry about it.  However, since it came from the factory with the
spacer, I'm looking around for one.

Hmmm.  Can't remember what the other part was.  Oh well.  It'll come to me.

-todd
todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil