TR6 Wheel Cylinder Replacement Question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Wheel Cylinder Replacement Question
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 04 Apr 1994 14:49:49 -0500 (EST)
Hi out there,

First off...due to low traffic about the subject, I hope my Friday last's
posting wasn't too offensive ;-).

At any rate, I'm putting the back of the TR6 back together again, and I need
some net.wisdom.

The wheel cylinder is held in place by a series of three steel plates. Once
installed, this arrangement allows the wheel cylinder to move back and forth
within the slot in the brake mounting back-plate.

Taking the thing apart was simple, remove the top one, remove the next one and
so forth. In fact, I followed the manual and concur that the method prescribed
is correct.

The replacement is the opposite of removal.

Yeah, right! Actually, it does go back together quite easily. Except for the
last steel plate (otherwise referred to as the spacer). I realize that there
must be a trick to this operation, but I have no idea what the trick is.

So, could anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
rml

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |