MGB brakes and Coilover Shocks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB brakes and Coilover Shocks
From: mgbracer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 94 14:12:46 EDT
   I'm in the process of rebuilding my MGB race car that I
bounced off the wall in phoenix last month and I've found the
front caliper pistons on the caliper that froze are losing the
plating. Has any one ever used stainless pistons on an MGB? Where
can I find such a beast?
   I also have a pair of carrera coil over shocks on the front.
They don't seem to be rebuildable since the bodies are welded.
But they have the numbers 1, 2 , and 3 stamped in the bodies in
triangles like there adjustable.  Any one know how to adjust
these shocks?
   The rest of the car is progressing quite nicely. The frame (If
you can call it that on a unibody car) is rather tweaked from the
cross member mount forward, so I'm in the process of tube framing
the front end.  I'm going to weld 1 1/2" square tube inside the
front 2 feet of the side rails where the sway bar and bumper
mounts. Then run 1 1/2" round tube from the lower roll cadge
cross bar at the fire wall along the inside fender skirts and
down to the frame rails in front of the radiator. with a cross
bar tieing the left and right tubes together before they turn
down towards the frame. The front end stiffness should help the
car quite allot.

                          John Ross  '65 EP MGB

   "Now how does that Honda F1 engine bolt to the MG Tranny?"