Re:Digest of british cars

To: pgarside@acorn.co.uk
Subject: Re:Digest of british cars
From: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 09:57:45 +0800
> Gerry,
>
> Here's some help with Fords 1968 to 1978 or so:
>
> It's difficult to know where to start... but here goes:
>
> Escort Mk I: Mainly right, but RS2000 was SOHC (Pinto), not DOHC;

There *was* a twin-cam Escort rally car; I've got its designation in
one of my Lotus books at home.  Can't think of it now.  I'm pretty
sure it came with the Cosworth 4-valve head -- um, the BDD, if I
remembr my alphabet soup correctly (the BDA is for the 1.6, the
BDD is what I think they called the 2-liter version that ran on
the Chevron racing cars, et al.)

> Cortina Mk I: 1300, 1500, 1500 GT; 2, 4-door. Lotus Cortina TC.

1962 through 1967, BTW, and I believe they started with the 1100cc four.
Also, there is a Mk I estate car; I've almost bought one a couple of
times.  The Lotus version uses a 1558cc motor, the Twin Cam that was
also used in the Elan and in some versions of the Seven and Europa,
as well as various formula and sports-racing cars.