TR6 engine confusion - replies

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 engine confusion - replies
From: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 94 23:03:37 EDT
My thanks to all who have provided such great info on Amanda's engine.  I
think the next step is, as has been suggested, to go out and get the engine and
carb numbers in addition to the body # to determine exactly what the heck is
in there.  Then check to see if there is a vacuum leak.  I *did* have a problem
with the brakes when I first got her which was traced to a kinked vacuum line.
The brakes are still working OK, but all this tubing is so old, who knows?
  In any case, after she gets painted (Real Soon Now) I intend to learn-by-doing
how to tune her and will investigate timing/mixture and report to the net, most
likely interspersed with questions about tuneups. :-)  Thanks again to everyone;
as soon as I figure out which engine and carbs are in her, I'll know how con-
fused I should be. :-)

-JB