Bugeye & other SLCFWSC activities

To: (British Cars)british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye & other SLCFWSC activities
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 1994 14:16:06
The snow in Central NY is finally subsiding, after a record 92 days
of coverage. (Yea!) And I've finally managed to get away from house
work long enough to get out in the shop and start work on pressing
projects. It's time to go racing!

First, I've started getting my Bugeye ready to race- I've removed
the seat and the old (too short) roll bar. Now I can move the seat
back enough to actaully fit in the car! (The last owner was quite
short). The car's going away tomorrow to get a proper new bar built.

I've thought about getting a better seat (currently older, tube
frame), like maybe an aluminium job, but decided that with the $$$
that would cost, it will have to wait for now. (Any suggestions out
there?)

I've also decided that the stock 16" steering wheel has got to go.
Has anyone out there got a 12 or 13" spare steering wheel for a
MKI/II Sprite? Or maybe even just a hub adapter they don't need?

I'll also be upgrading to a dual master cylinder, probably using the
one off my '76 Midget parts car. The car already has been fitted with
disk brakes, but is using the original combo clutch + single circuit
brake Master cylinder, certainly not an effective setup. Once I
upgrade, I will have one of those rare & expensive original master
cylinders available for sale or trade, anyone interested?.

Next, the Honda is up on the lift getting prepped for my race
school next week. I pulled the half-shafts to replace the CV boots
that were just beggining to split, and dicovered one sloppy cv
joint. The rebuilt shafts go in this weekend, as well as other prep
work and rebuilding the front calipers. At least if cold weather or
snow hits at the track (Shannonville, Ont. Canada), I'll be warmish.

All this activity has kept me busy enough that, like mjb, I haven't
come up with an NET.April.Fools trick either. Must be something in
the air... But, I have already got my 4 year old a couple times!
   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!