Re: Moss' winged knock-off wrench?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moss' winged knock-off wrench?
From: Joe Flake <flake@d311510.atl.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 94 18:53:55 EST

> Moss is advertising a $35 winged knock-off wrench in the the latest
> If contact is metal-on-metal

I've seen ads for this and it does appear as metal-on-metal.  Could
the surface be covered with something?  Nylon some such hard plastic?

> s similar to the octagonal knock-off wrench they sell which does
> appear to make metal-to- metal contact.  Anyone have either type of
> wrench?

I've seen the octagonal wrench at a show.  It is definately metal-to-
metal.  Moss's ad implies some special surface, but the wrench I
saw was just a big stamped wrench of perhaps 1/8 inch material.  It
looked sturdy enough.  I've considered one of these to replace the
standard "short stamped wrench and hammer" solution, but just haven't
taken the plunge.

Joe
flake@d311510.atl.hp.com