chargers-n-batteries

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: chargers-n-batteries
From: Will Zehring <WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 09:10:18 EST
Fellow fiends:

Well, the cheese danish is BAAACK: and he has been doing some 'thinking'
to wit:  regarding using battery chargers to... charge batteries:

If I have two 12V batteries (with different amp ratings) can I
charge them in parallel with one charger?  I suspect that I
should not charge them in series (tho I can't tell you exactly why I
feel that way).  Any comments/corrections?  Certainly this is not a
vital matter (unless trying the above will cause a major black out in my
neighborhood) but more a point of curiosity and mid winter pondering for those
of us as of yet unable to wake up to another "roadster morning".

Next question: how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Pip pip,
Will Zehring