Re: Nomenclature Change Request

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nomenclature Change Request
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 10:12:19 -0500
Scott #1 asks:

> However, in mail to one of the "How do I get on this list?"
> messages recently, I came up with what I think is a much better
> expansion of this acronym:
>
> Sprouts Of Lucas.
>
> (Well, *I* liked it.)  It's perky, it's trendy, it's all-natural,
> and it's 100% organic.  Whaddya think?

Well, I reckon I'm a damn conservative when it comes to names and
tradition, especially with a name we've had for so long.  So I'd
prefer to be called a Scion than a Sprout.

Taking it one step further, I reckon I'd prefer to be called a Scion
of a Bitch than a Sprout of a Bitch!  And furthermore its always better
to announce, "Well Scion of a Gun", than, "Well Sprout of a Gun".

        Cheers!
        - Garry ("Dammit Jim, I'm a Scion not a Sprout!") Archer