Dedigestifying the Digest (R)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dedigestifying the Digest (R)
From: smenzel@mti.wa.com (Sandro Menzel)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 18:49:08 -0800
Jody writes...
> Now that I've gone and added significantly to it, I'd like to add a word on
> list volume in the context of the TRF business. The biggest problem with
> this list is not deciding what's appropriate and what's not, it's being able
> to easily ignore what I don't want to read, and to easily find the good bits.
> In undigested form, this list (especialy these days) would clog the mailbox.
> With the digest, it's a pain to reply to specific people, save a piece of a
> message, and follow a thread. I know that there's a lot of opposition to
> moving the list to Usenet (lots of people don't have access), but has anyone
> found a way of dealing with digests (at the receiving end) such that they
> act more like a newsgroup? It would be much easier to deal with the volume
> in such a format.

I'm using EasyView 2.33 on a Mac to view digests. It works really well for
Info-Mac Digest but gives me a few problems with this list. Every now and
then EasyView will run across a digest-delimiter and split a digest in two
(or three).

Take care.

Sandro Menzel      |  Network Administrator  | "Is it a Jensen or
smenzel@mti.wa.com | Media Technologies, Inc |   is it a Healey?"