Which caliper?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Which caliper?
From: Ron Peterson <ron@vicorp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 93 15:51:04 EST
I've determined that one of my front disc brake calipers on my '77 MGB
is sticking occasionally, particularly in cold weather.  When I brake,
the car pulls to the right until I press further and the piston breaks
free (often with a loud clunk) and grabs the disk.  I know it's not the
back brakes because when I apply the handbrake the car keeps going in a
straight line.  So which caliper is it?  With only one brake grabbing in
the front, which side is it that makes the car go to the right?  It
seems to me that it would be the right brake that is working ok, but I'd
like to hear from the voice of experience before I order a rebuilt caliper.

         Ron

Opinions expressed|ron@vicorp.com   |* Ask for email catalog of Video, Music,
here are my own,  |Mute Punk Pigmies Pick Purposeful|* Amiga Software, Stories,
not my employers. |Paths Particularly Passionately  |* Electronics and Fun!