Sunbeam Conversions, part 2

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam Conversions, part 2
From: yeebot@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 93 16:28:19 EST
Actually, understanding how much IS envolved in cramming an American V-8 in a
little Alpine, keeps me up at night. And keeps me looking for alternatives.
Aside from needing to look for an used Tiger front-end, I'd have to smash the
firewall back, too. That seems to me to be a greater sin than a non-British
engine. (Say, where'd that Ford 260/289 come from anyway? ;-) ) If Orbital of
Australia would just get moving and iron out the problems with that 200HP
2-stroke Ceramic engine (weighs something like 27lbs.!), I think I would be
just fine, thank you. Hmmn, then there's that guy in California that does
those electric conversions...

Happy Holidays!,
Mike Yee