CadDrawings

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: CadDrawings
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 93 03:16:44 CST
>       I'd like to bring up a subject I've not seen on the list before.  I
>would like to know if anyone else has an interest in the engineering
>drawings of our cars?  I find that I can spend a lot of time pouring over a
>sectional view of a LBC.  Better yet would be some engineering drawings,
>but I haven't found a source yet, except the occasional drawing in a book.
>Better still, would be some AutoCAD drawings.  Now I realize that we have a
>timing problem here in that LBC's predate ACAD by a good number of years.
>But, I also know not to underestimate the perverse nature of SOL'ers.
>There's no telling what someone might have done in the name of this hobby!
>        Personally, I would really enjoy "tinkering" with an AutoCAD
>drawing of a Lotus Seven or some other tubular frame vehicle.  A Seven
>frame should be a fairly simple drawing to make in three-D.

I have wished for this many times. I do have the original parts
manual for the TR-3 has gread exploded views but not real engineering
drawings. I have thought of doing some myself but never found the time.
What would be real neat would be to have the drawings so I could
import them into the Silicone Graphics machine and render
Virtual TR's!!!!! :->
Louis A. Poche'
POCHE@music.loyno.edu