Rover V8 tuning book (and misc mumblings)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Rover V8 tuning book (and misc mumblings)
From: jeffreys_m_j <jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 15:10:43 +0000
I have just received the V8 tuning book by D. Hardcastle (publ. Oct 1993).

For me it is like his previous book in its unputadownability. Lots of info
about retrofitting FI, different ways of increasing the engine size using
US bits and pieces. And like his first book (1990) on the Rover V8 it is
good reading for MG(BV8), Land Rover(Range) Triumph(TR8) owners.

It has pictures of the old and new blocks, con rods, pistons, etc......

Worth getting IMHO.

Mumblings:

I can't wait to get to live in a house with a garage again. It is so
frustrating not being able to comfortably cure the problems that are
beginning to mount on my cars:

        the TR7V8 has a brake fluid leak at the rear - major

        the TR7 Sprint has an arthritic headlamp lifter (lights are up all
        the time now, after my superduper battery was drained when the
        offending item failed to lower)

        the Sprint's electronic ignition cutout for 0.5 sec a couple of
        nights ago - a shot across the bows?

        the Sprint's light switch failed recently - had to scavange from
        the V8 (in the dark, it had to be done - it was the TR7 evening at
        Chelmsford)

        all my bits and pieces gleaned from 10 years TR7 ownership are 5
        miles away in storage!

        I want to build a 3.9 litres plus V8!