Jag E-Type value

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jag E-Type value
From: steveb@msd.measurex.com (Steve Beck)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 93 10:15:10 -0500
Sorry for asking questions of this sort since I don't like
to read them myself (it shows one's ignorance!) but here goes:

What is the value of a 1970 Jaguar E-Type Coupe 2+2 with the
following attributes:

        body in good condition (minor rust around rear wheelwells)
        chrome wires
        automatic (argh!)
        air conditioning
        primrose yellow with black leather (fair condition)
        all gauges work
        93K on car, 4.2 engine rebuilt at 65K
        noticed slight engine *tick* at idle
        never wrecked
        car is complete (trim, interior pieces, etc.)
        located in the Midwest
        asking price is $6500

It seems there aren't a whole lot of Jag SOL'ers on the list, but
I thought I would give it a try since this car sounds interesting.
I would like to know what else to look for, trouble spots, etc.
BTW, I would be the purchaser of the car, not the seller. But it
would mean that both my B's would have to go. Please, someone tell
me what I'm getting myself into...

Steve Beck