Re: Stag engine

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stag engine
From: Thomas.Jell@zfe.siemens.de (Thomas Jell)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 93 09:44:40 +0100
Ted,

just a month to late your mail. Just returned from an US Trip (including LA and
Pasadena, too). I visited an old friend now working at JPL.

I would have been more than lucky to have a look at your Stag.

Maybe next time.

>does anyone have a good idea why my Stag is overheating?

Are you member of the SOC (Stag Owners Club) located in UK? The provide you a
monthly newsletter, parts and much more. They provide lots of help and tricks
especially for overheating engines.

>The car doesn't overheat on the freeway, but
will head steadily up to the red zone in traffic or idling.

You might try one of these electrical fans. They do a good job especially in
low speed traffic.

>replaced the water pump with a heavy duty one

yes, definitely the first step to improve the cooling system.

>The car didn't overheat before the rebuild

no idea ???

BTW. Be sure to use a coolant with special anti allow additives !

  Tom

Ps.: Do you know Dick Hansen. He works at Xerox in El Segundo and has a nice
white Stag. He just converted to a Rover V8 engine.