tube shock conversion

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: tube shock conversion
From: Jon Mason Gougar Jr <gougar@csd4.csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 11:44:30 -0600 (CST)
   I was looking at the tube shock conversion kit that Moss sells
for the rear of MGB's, and it looks like it would be very simple to
fabricate, since it is just a couple of plates with nuts welded to
them. My question is about the Monroe shock absorbers. Does anyone know
which Monroe shocks one would have to buy in order to make such a kit?
And if so, how much are they? If I can't get the shocks themselves for
less than the ninety five bucks that Moss wants for the whole kit, then
it wouldn't be worth the effort of fabbing up a kit myself. Thanks.