Spit' engines

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit' engines
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 12:18:17 CST
I've been musing about the Spit' and was wondering what other engines
would fit in there? ('75 squaretail) rather than going through the
hassle of rebuilding the 1500 into a juicy motor (re: Dennis and his
disapointment at the low max. poss. hp due to cooling problems) is it
possible to pop a bigger motor in?? As soon a s the Midget is finished
I want to get started ion the Spit'.

Are there any simple 'drop-ins' that would work?? I'd rather it was
another british motor...not a jap./germ. thing. Perhaps a TR7 engine???
I have no idea about the size of these etc. Has anybody out there
done this (with any engine).

Just a fanciful thought...

Marcus