Re: rope trick & commercial participation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (britcars)
Subject: Re: rope trick & commercial participation
From: Paul Amaranth <amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 14:51:37 -0500 (EST)
Haha, seeing Kevin Burtch's description of pulling his TR7 head
reminded me of pulling my Stag head (makes sense, the Stag had the
equivalent of 2 TR7 engines glued together).  I had the misfortune to
break off a stud INSIDE the cylinder head.  Seeping coolant had
corroded the studs to the head (and the fact that they don't go on
vertically, but at an angle, makes it even worse).  I had to resort to
using a host to pick the front end of the car up *by the cylinder head*
and using an air hammer to pound the stud through.  Then repeat for the
other head. What a pain.  It was a miracle that the head wasn't further
damaged by that.  That was around 5 years ago. The engine may go back
together this winter :-)

I vote for commercial participation in this list.  If a vendor becomes
too obnoxious, I'm sure the membership will let them know :-)  I don't
think that would be a problem, however.

--
Paul Amaranth  Manager User Services - office: (313) 370 4541 (also voicemail)
(internet)     amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu  | Amaranth's Law of Economics: