Re: Lotus Seven

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lotus Seven
From: igeta@ars.ntt.jp (Kazuhiro IGETA)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93 19:12:34 +0900
"Zust, Fred" <FZust@admin.clemsonsc.NCR.COM>:writes

> I also am interested in getting a Super 7.  I unfortunately am 6'2" tall and
> have trouble fitting in the British cars I so love.   Could anyone tell me
> how small is a 7 and about how much will a 7 cost?  Has anyone heard of a

I, 3" shorter than you can just fit in the original short cockpit of S3 design.
Magic is that Mr.Chapman was about this height:-)
Do not be so pessimistic, Fred.
Super 7 is so small but not too small for you.
Long cockpit model of Caterham can store 6 footers.
Further I have a prescription for the spiders desparetly
want to get in that hive:
Raise the steering position upwards an inch and you'll be happy.

lupienj@wal.hp.com (John Lupien):writes
  About 2 years ago I talked to the people at Rotus. They have a few different
  build levels that they will sell - "all the parts in a box (no engine)",

You are talking about an American company?

  "roller (no engine)", and "turnkey". For a 6'2" person, the turbo rotary
  is the only option that will fit you. The Rover V8 is too long. The turnkey

Oh, my god! They have no 4cyl.?