Re: British Cars Digest #1029 Wed Dec 15 01:15:01 MST 1993

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1029 Wed Dec 15 01:15:01 MST 1993
From: palmerr@garage.ecn.purdue.edu (Robert G. Palmer, Jr.)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1993 15:39:00 -0600
> From: Jon Mason Gougar Jr <gougar@csd4.csd.uwm.edu>
> Subject: manifold paint, head pipe
>
>   I recently purchased a used exhaust manifold (oem) for my BGT
> to replace the JC Whitless one that came with my car. It was rusty
> and gross, as are most used exhaust manifolds, so I bead blasted it
> and painted it with Yamaha High Temperature Black paint...
> ...After letting the manifold sit overnight, I baked it in my oven, starting
> at 100 degrees, and bumping the temperature up 100 degrees every half hour
> or so, until it was at 500...

I hope this isn't the same oven you use to make brownies.  Who knows what
toxic gases are released and/or toxic materials deposited on the inside of
the oven.  (Kinda like cooking a pop-tart over a bunsen burner - really got
a safety lesson for that one back in high school).

     **** The opinions stated are my own, and in no way represent  ****
     **** the opinions of my employer.                             ****

Robert Palmer, Jr.                            USPS address:
palmerr@ecn.purdue.edu                        3105 New London Ct, Apt 522
Purdue University                             Lafayette, IN  47905
317-494-3750                                  317-477-0804