Re: Rope Trick Worked

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rope Trick Worked
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 93 11:27:25 EST
> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 93 10:20:05 -0600
> From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com
>314-694-3626)
>

> The rope trick worked to loosen the head on the GT6. I still haven't pulled
> it off - it looks like it may be a 2-man job to get it up straight enough
> not to bind up on the studs. On top of that, I got the flu over the weekend
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AAARRRRRRRGGGHHH!!!  DON'T DO it man! I did this once on my first TR7 and it
took 4 MONTHS to get the head off!! (the studs were in there GOOD!) Pull the
studs first! The head should pop right off. I still shudder when I think about
my "76 TR7 dangling by the head from an air hoist when I got fed up!!! Yes,
the WHOLE CAR! It took a 4 lb. steel mallet (mini-sledge) and a half dozen
aluminum wedges hammered in bettween the head and block to get it off!

Pull the studs first!

> and didn't get much done.

> Thanks for all the advice.

Sorry I didn't mention it earlier. I didn't know they used studs on those
machines.

> Larry

Kevin