Lotus Super Seven Questions

To: " list - British mail" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lotus Super Seven Questions
From: "Kristan Rivers" <Kristan_Rivers@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 14 Dec 1993 09:31:48 +0400
                      Subject:                              Time:  9:25
AM
  OFFICE MEMO         Lotus Super Seven Questions           Date:
12/14/93
  I have been thinking for the past year of getting a Seven, but have
been able to find no information on them! Could some of the owners
please give me some of their knowledge? My main questions are:
What are the benifits of a real Lotus versus the Caterham? Ie:
performance, parts, cost, etc. It seems to me that the Caterhams tend
to cost more.
It seems also that they come in all different engine/drivetrain/cockpit
combinations. What does this mean? Is a "DeDion" rear end good or bad?
What kind of engine do I want? How different is the "long" cockpit from
the short?
How is parts availability?
Thank you for all the help. I realize I am blasting in with tons of
questions, but I have found no sources of information but this group.
If people could point me elsewhere as well, it would be appreciated.
Thanks!

--KDR