3M stripper & bondo

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 3M stripper & bondo
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 15:38:57 -0800
Last weekend I stripped a bit more paint off the snake's body.  My
technique has been to glob on 3M stripper, cover the area with plastic
wrap, then let it do it thing for a day or two.  This has worked well so
far.  In fact I was encouraged enough to try another experiment Sunday.
I painted a small area of bondo with a heavy coat of 3M and taped a
plastic bag over it.  Last night (Thursday) I peeled the bag off to see
how things were going.  Pretty well.  I was able to easily scrap off
thinner layers down to bare aluminum and to gouge pretty good chunks out
of the thicker areas.

Roland