Do arc welders that run on 120VAC work well?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Do arc welders that run on 120VAC work well?
From: Ron Peterson <ron@vicorp.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 17:48:23 EST
I'd like to buy an arc welder that runs off of a standard 120VAC outlet.
I'd also like to hear some opinions on how well such units work.  I'm
only interested in doing some very occasional welding of brackets and
exhaust systems so I don't need something heavy duty.  Is the 100amps or
so that a unit that runs off 120VAC is capable of putting out sufficient
for this sort of work?
If you have one to sell, I've seen new ones that cost in the $140-$190
range, so $50-$100 seems like a fair offer.  I'd also be interested in
buying the accessories (helmet with flip up window, leather gloves,
welding rods, wire brush).  Email me the details of what you have and
we can discuss it.

       Ron

Opinions expressed |ron@vicorp.com
here are my own,   |                   Mute Punk Pigmies Pick Purposeful
not my employers.  |                   Paths Particularly Passionately