Re: GIFS via FTP

To: triumph@io.org (Christopher Ball)
Subject: Re: GIFS via FTP
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 14:46:48 CST
Christopher Ball writes:
> to play with and I had a thought. I's seen something about GIFS of LBCs
> on the hooiser address via FTP. I went in, read a README which told me to
> go to a triumph adress, still in the cs.utah.edu area. When I got there
> my DIR and LS commands weren't producing anything.
>  Any idea what I'm doing wrong ? Is there a file on how to access this
> wealth of data that could be reposted for new guys such as me?.

On Dec 3, MJB wrote:
mjb> I'm in the process of moving the FTP stuff from hoosier to triumph, so
don't
mjb> be surprised if you can't put anything in the archives on hoosier.  You can
mjb> still read, you just can't write.  The new machine should have more disk
space
mjb> for the tons of images piling up.  The new name and address for anonymous
mjb> FTP is:
mjb>
mjb>         triumph.cs.utah.edu  155.99.208.4
mjb>
mjb> This may change back to hoosier sometime in the next few months, then again
mjb> it may not.  We shall see.  The read-only stuff will stay on hoosier for
mjb> a few more days, then the files and ftp access will be removed.
mjb>
mjb> To access stuff, you have to use an FTP program.  You can't log in as
mjb> anonymous, as a few folks try to do on hoosier.  This weekend access may
mjb> be sporadic, as I shuffle a few more things around on my machine.

Most of the files that are on the FTP site, including the GIFs, are
also available on the mail server.  For server info and a list of
available files, send a message containing the following 2 lines to
server@ingr.com:

/HELP

Requests are processed overnight...
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA