Piston prices (cheap from UK

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Piston prices (cheap from UK
From: Dennis <IEDXW@asuvm.inre.asu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 11:14:53 -0700 (MST)
Allow me to passon some of the info I have gotten lately.

I can get Hepolite pistons from the UK for $38 a peice for the TR6 and $32
for the 1500 Spit.  I would think that prices are similar for the A series.
hepolites are very good pistons!  Postage to USA is about $45 (ouch), but
only $10 within UK if you have a courier.

Uprated (by 30%) lever shocks for the Midgets are $30 for the front (exch).

A fully flowed, ported and polished 1500 head with rimflow stainless steel
valves, bronze guides, hardened exhaust seats, springs, and retainers will
set you back $500 (compared with $800 here).

Aircraft alloy roller rockers for the 1500 are $305.

Lightened tubular push rods are $45 for a set.

Lightened cam followers are about $45 for a set.

Toothed belt timing gear (sprockets and front plates) are NOT available.  I
decided it was too much for me to design my own.  So the vernier adjustable
duplex chain will  have to do here.

16 row oil cooler is $75.

I'm still stuck for a distributor.  Lucas dizzies have shaft movement
after only 20K miles or less.  So if gonna spend $450 per day on an
engine dyno to get a dizzy with a custom made advance curve I don't want
to replace it every 20K miles.  I was going to opt for a Mallory dizzy but
my machine shop said they were not that good

Finnally, anyone used the rolling road facilities of David Evans in Riverside
CA?  I once went to Charlie Rockwell and agined nothing, he was a total waist
of $$, I rather have waisted it on a Monza exhaust system!

Ok folks, I've got to go an do some cutting edge research!

Cheers Dennis