Re: Dum Dum De Dum ...

To: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Subject: Re: Dum Dum De Dum ...
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 07:35:35 PST
>Go to a good automotive machinist and don't be shy of asking dumb questions.
>They do this all the time, so follow their advice.

This is good advice.  One thing I've found is that some shops that
specialize in "performance" work may do excellent work.  I remember
that Morgan's Machine and Marine in Walnut Creek, who specialize in
hopped-up ski-boat motors, did a fantastic job on my wife's Mustang
head.
  They were also the ones that, when a <name deleted> auto department
claimed, after the third $100 rebuilt carb leaked *again*, said "Oh, I think
Holley makes one for about $35, let me check, yeah, I can order it and
It'll be here Tuesday, you'll need to grind this boss off your manifold, bring
it in and we'll do it for free and here's the fitting to attach the fuel
line"
  They don't have any britcar parts, but I'd trust the, with the head from
my Bentley.

So anyway, here's a first order filter for picking a machine shop.

  --berry