Wire Wheel Interchange

To: sfisher@megatest.com
Subject: Wire Wheel Interchange
From: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1993 08:26:17 PST
Scott,
I *know* the splines are all interchangeable.
I operate a small part-time business servicing wheels & tyres.  Because of
my association with Brit cars, I service quite a few cars with wire wheels.
I have one splined hub adapted to the tyre changer and another adapted
to my old John Bean dynamic balancer.  ANY Britcar wire wheel will fit,
from 13x4" Spridget to 15x5=" TR6.
The next spline size up is for the larger Brit cars: Jaguar, Aston-Martin,
etc. and I don't get many of those!
BTW, if you REALLY wanted to be funky, try going 2+ and use the 5="
TR6 wheels on the Midget!  Maybe a 205/50R15 tyre!  I've got TR6 wheels
with 195/65R15 tyres on my MGA and have seen 15" wires on MGB's.
Fun, isn't it?
George Haynes