'64 SPITFIRE for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '64 SPITFIRE for sale
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 09:26:16 CST
Hi all,

As a follow-up...I took a look at the car. It's in ok condition.
Suprisingly little rust...couple of spots on the hood, floor pans all
original and all there. Needs paint. Newer engine....replaced in 1980...
straight transplant (no rebuilt) but looks v. clean*. Started just fine,
idled fine, but began to die after a few mins, some sought of carb adjustment
needed? Newer roof. Needs: new interior, handbrake jams, suspension a little
saggy, general overhaul and clean up required.

Guy is flogging it, quote "into the antique market, and it's a rare car,
not many left" etc. etc. Is it worth the $900? Dunno....I would be tempted
to come down a bit. If you have any more questions email me.

Marcus

P.S. I'm not linked financially to this guy. I'm not a qualified mechanic.

*Anything is clean compared to the blob of black oil called an engine I first
extracted from my car!