Re: effect of heat on fuel Delivery (DJP)

To: palmerr@ecn.purdue.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: effect of heat on fuel Delivery (DJP)
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 11:54:41 -0600 (CST)
[Re: Spit 1500]:
>In the line leading to the canister is a
>little brass piece with a hole about the size of a sewing needle.

I had the same problem when I had a Spit 1500, but after cleaning the hole
out I *still* had the hot-start problem in warm weather (of which there is
plenty in South Texas).  The manifold heat-shield was in place, but I was
evidently still getting fuel vaporization when parked for a few minutes
with a hot engine.  I put an electric fuel pump back by the tank and the
problem disappeared forever.  The only down-side to this was that the pump
was rather noisy since I bolted it to the body near the tank, which is also
near the passenger compartment.

Lee M. Daniels              Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu     Texas A&M University      (409) 845-3726